Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Papertrey Ink 2015 February Blog Hop

This inspiration for this month's blog hop was this lovely image.

I love the watercolor look and these beautiful shades of blue, pink and purple.  I decided to try my hand at creating a background for my cards using Gelatos. my background shapes were hand drawn and then blended with a damp stiff artist brush.  I created two cards using different color groupings.


My supplies for the cards:
Faber-Castell Gelatos
Derwent Water Color pencils (to color the yellow/orange butterflies)
Papertrey Ink Butterfly Dreams Stamp Set
Papertrey Ink Little Labels Stamp Set
Papertrey Ink Fillable Frames #10 Stamp Set
Papertrey Ink Web Paint III Stamp Set & Die
Papertrey Ink Harelequin Cover Plate




6 comments:

Sherrie M. February 25, 2015 at 7:59 PM  

WOW! Both cards are stunning! Such vibrant colors. Love these.

Kara Lynne February 25, 2015 at 8:25 PM  

Both cards are so vibrant and those butterflies are wonderful!

Kristii February 25, 2015 at 8:59 PM  

Wow!! Your cards are so beautiful!! The colors are so rich and vibrant!! Love!

Tracy February 25, 2015 at 10:27 PM  

such beautiful color! and i love a butterfly :-) so you had me right away!

Annheidel February 26, 2015 at 7:32 PM  

These are gorgeous! I really love the colors.

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP