Saturday, January 9, 2016

Make-it-Monday A LA CARTE

For this Make-it-Monday I decided to experiment with layering cover plate die cuts.  The original challenge video can be viewed here.  I used my peony cover plate and cut it in two colors, one white and one black.  I layered the black behind the white and offset the image sideways and slightly vertical to give the image depth.  For the background I chose a medium blue patterned paper so I could have nice contrast.  This was so easy to complete and still a lovely result.


4 comments:

Kathy January 9, 2016 at 9:32 PM  

A lovely card, like this technique very much. : )

Marcia Hill January 10, 2016 at 12:55 PM  

This may have been easy to complete, but it is stunning! I love the black behind the white for depth, and then against that pretty blue background...fabulous card!! :0)

Skrater January 11, 2016 at 7:19 AM  

What a beautiful card. I need to pull out my cover plates and try this technique! Thanks for the inspiration.

Karen Letchworth January 11, 2016 at 11:38 AM  

Hi Delores! Your cards are amazing. I am a fellow PTI lover. I wish I could it ALL, don't you? I would like to invite you to stop by my challenge blog, Word Art Wednesday, to play along with us. We offer lots of fun and GREAT prizes. This week, we have a $25 Simon Says Stamp gift certificate up for grabs. I'd LOVE to have you play along. Happy crafting and stamping!
Blessings,
Karen Letchworth
Word Art Wednesday
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP