Thursday, February 25, 2016

February 2016 Blog Hop Challenge

This month's Blog Hop Challenge at Papertrey Ink has the most beautiful color palette. Our inspiration photo is below. The pinks and greens with some touches of gold are lovely.


On this first card, which is my favorite, I decided to use my into the woods cover plate in a slightly different way.  I cut the cover plate into multiple pieces so I could place it down the long side of my card rather than it's normal orientation.  I ink blended my background and added pink and green paint splatters.  Last I added the pink bird from the PTI Winter Woods Stamp Set to go with the sentiment from the PTI Phrases and Praises Stamp Set.


On the next card I started our with the PTI You've Been Framed: Oval Die.  Then I ink blended my pink background with a Tim Holtz stencil to add the stripes.  I shaded the small flower with Copic Markers.  The green sprigs are just small pieces from the into the woods cover plate.  The small flower is from the PTI In Bloom Stamp Set and the sentiment if from the PTI Fancy That stamp set (I really like that font).
I wasn't through with ink blending or paint splatters which both are included in the background of this next card. I got out my PTI Bold Blooms Stamp set again (I can't seem to put it away) and the PTI Phrases and Praises Stamp Set for this card.  I recently purchased a Misti from My Sweet Petunia and that has really helped in stamping nice clean and clear sentiments.  It was a worthy investment.


14 comments:

Kristii February 25, 2016 at 5:58 PM  

Each and every card is a work of art! Love them all!

Kathryn A February 25, 2016 at 6:01 PM  

Wow! Love all your cards!! And you've reminded me that I need to use my "Phrases and Prasies" stamps...

Karen B. February 25, 2016 at 6:16 PM  

I really like the MISTI too! Worth every penny! Beautiful cards, you can see how each was inspired by the photo!

Joyce February 25, 2016 at 6:24 PM  

Goodness--a trio of lovlies. They are all wonderful, but I think my fave is the first because of the creative way you used that gorgeous cover plate.

Cindy O February 25, 2016 at 6:46 PM  

Lovely soft background on your first card - my favorite! Your bird is so sweet in the leafy half-frame.

Rema DeLeeuw February 25, 2016 at 6:50 PM  

Wow these cards are all gorgeous! Love the backgrounds you've created on the first and third card.

Bonnie T. February 25, 2016 at 7:07 PM  

Love how you used Into the Woods coverplate on your first two cards. Very pretty! I like them all.

Patti February 25, 2016 at 8:19 PM  

All your cards are lovely!! I especially like how you used a portion of the cover plate on card #1. I might have to CASE this idea : )

Patti

Unknown February 26, 2016 at 6:14 AM  

BEAUTIFUL cards.....love your backgrounds, so pretty!

Diana K February 26, 2016 at 12:45 PM  

All three are so pretty. Love the beautiful colouring that you did.

Gina February 26, 2016 at 2:32 PM  

I really like how you used the coverplate and cut it to make it work differently. Wonderful cards.

Jacquie Southas February 26, 2016 at 10:37 PM  

Beautiful cards - love the way you used the coverplate on the first one!

A Crafty Person February 27, 2016 at 9:01 PM  

All your cards are amazing!! I especially like the fists one with the sparrow sentiment.

Lisa's Creative Niche February 28, 2016 at 5:28 PM  

These are all so beautiful! I really love that first card and the trimming the cutting plate in half.

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP